Azure backup allows you to backup either files and folders are entire VMs into Azure. The article runs through the setup of a simple files and folder backup
- Uses VSS to get consistent backup without shutting the maching down.
- Only sends deltas – i.e. after the initial backup only changes are sent
- For pricing information see here
Create Recovery Vault
Logon to the Azure portal and go to the “recovery services vault” section.
You may want to change the backup replication type – either Locally Redundant (LRS) or Geo Redundant (GRS). See here for further info.
Backup Files & Folders
In your recovery vault
- Download the client.
- Download the vault credentials
- Install the client on the computer which contains the files you want to backup.
Create a backup schedule
To manually start a backup use the “Back Up Now” option
File\Folder Data Recovery
To recover data use the Azure client.
You will probably want to configure notifications