Configure Lightweight Aeronet
They will use DHCP out of the box but you can manually configure an IP address by running the below….
lwapp ap ip address 192.168.0.200 255.255.255.0 lwapp ap ip default-gateway 192.168.0.254 lwapp ap controller ip address 192.168.0.100 lwapp ap hostname CCFC-AP-200
Distinguish between Autonomous and Lightweight Access Points
The easiest way to distinguish between a regular AP and a LAP is to look at the part number of the AP. Run a show hard and check the output
- LAP (Lightweight AP Protocol [LWAPP])Part numbers always begin with AIR-LAPXXXX.
- Autonomous AP (Cisco IOS® Software)Part numbers always begin with AIR-APXXXX.
The Cisco Aironet 1000 Series LAPs are an exception to this criteria. The part numbers of the 1000 series LAPs are:
- AIR-AP1010-A-K9 for a 1010 LAP
- AIR-AP1020-A-K9 for a 1020 LAP
- AIR-AP1030-A-K9 for a 1030 LAP