The Kaseya Collector service may cause the System State backup to fail with an “object list” error
” V-79-57344-65245 – A failure occurred accessing the object list. ”
To confirm this run a debug backup.
Step 1 – Enable debug mode
- Stop the Backup Exec Remote Agent Service
- Enter debug in the service start parameters
- Start the Remote Agent service (and also the job engine service)
- Run a System State backup and the backup will fail.
Step 2 Check the log file
- Check the debug log under C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\Logs\ (folder location may differ search drive for text files with beremote in the name)
- In the log file look for “objectslist”
You will see the following similar extract
 04/18/11 16:57:04 Status 0x0000007B returned calling FindFirstFile for \\?\GLOBALROOT\Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy28\program files (x86)\kaseya\crcltd76529186720359\..\knetcollector\kaseya.collector.exe in brUtil::GenerateFileList
 04/18/11 16:57:04 brUtil::SetObjectsList( ): Failed to apply the component exclusion list
This means that the service is not installed correctly and is the cause of the failure
- Go to the following RegKey
- Modifiy the string “ImagePath” and change to “C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaseya\knetcollector\kaseya.collector.exe” service
- Restart the Kaseya Collector service
- Modify the Remote Agent service and remove the debug parameter
- Restart the service
The backup will now complete successfully
This issue has only been confirmed in version 12.5 so far so if you get a similar error run the debug test which will confirm which software is causing the failure.