This explains how to install BESX on a member server (i.e. not a domain controller, exchange server or SBS server) in a domain running Exchange 2007
- Download the latest version of BESX from the Blackberry website. Make a note of the SRP, CAL and support center login details
- Download Microsoft Exchange Server MAPI Client and Collaboration Data Objects 1.2.1 and install on the server.
- Create an active directory account BESadmin and add to domain administrators group
- Make the BESadmin account a member of the local server administrators group
- Grant the BESAdmin account log on locally permission in “local security policy” on the server.
Grant Exchange Permissions to BESAdmin account
Open the exchange shell and run the below commands
- add-exchangeadministrator “BESAdmin” -role ViewOnlyAdmin
- get-mailboxserver “<your exchange server>” | add-adpermission -user “BESAdmin” -accessrights ExtendedRight -extendedrights Receive-As, ms-Exch-Store-Admin, Send-As
Log on to the new BESX server as BESAdmin and run the install.