This explains how to setup multiple WAN interfaces on a watchguard firewall.
Firstly you need to change one spare port to be an external interface
On the Menu Bar click on Network and select Configuration
- Select the interface you plugged in the 2nd external connection into
- Click Configure
- Enter an Interface Name BT ADSL
- Change Interface Type to External
- Select Use Static IP
- IP Address: Enter the Public IP address and Network IP you want to give the firewall
- Default Gateway: Enter the IP address of the new Router
To change Multi Wan settings click on the tab Multi-Wan. Under Multi-Wan Configuration you will see four types the only two we will use are Failover or Round-robin.
- Failover You can specify which of the WAN ports will be the primary and the second port will be unused unless the first line fails
- Round-robin the firewall examines the internal rules and will load balance the traffic over both lines. *the firewall cannot determine if one line is faster to utilise one line more than the other you need to modify the weights of the line.